BeadDreams Rules for 2014
- The competition is open to professional and amateur beaders from the U.S. and around the world. Bead&Button Show faculty and exhibitors may enter the competition. Kalmbach Publishing Co. employees and family members are not eligible.
- All work entered in the competition must be original.
- The entry fee is $50 per entry.
- You may not submit more than two entries in any one category. We reserve the right to reclassify the category of an entry.
- Entries may be the work of a single person or a collaboration by several people.
- Entries must have been produced between March, 2013, and February, 2014.
- Maximum size (including any necessary display structure): 24 x 16 x 32 in. (61 x 41 x 81 cm). We reserve the right to exclude large pieces (wider and higher than 3 feet) from the BeadDreams exhibit at the Show if space constraints, handling issues, and/or security concerns present an issue.
- We will notify you of your acceptance status in early April, 2014. All accepted pieces must be received at the Events Marketing Department no later than April 25, 2014. Although we encourage you to send display materials with your entry, Bead&Button Show reserves the right to display pieces as best suits the needs of the Show.
- International participants are responsible for all Brokerage fees, Duties and Taxes. Kalmbach Publishing Co. WILL NOT accept delivery on packages that require customs duty to be paid. (For more information, please consult your nation's customs officials.)
- Each item must be labeled neatly with the maker's name, address, and telephone number (use permanent ink and attach labels securely. If a collection of beads is strung together, one label is sufficient.) Please include instructions for display, special handling, or shipping requirements inside the shipping box.
- The Bead&Button Show will provide standard UPS insurance up to $100 for the return shipment of items. You must provide the insurance to cover shipping it to us, its display at the Show, and its time at the Kalmbach offices. While the Events Marketing staff will use every precaution to protect and safeguard each item while in our offices or at the Show, we are not responsible for any damages.
- Kalmbach Publishing Co., the Bead&Button Show, and Bead&Button magazine retain the right to use the entry photos, to photograph all submitted items, and to use the photographs in any lawful way, including but not limited to, publicity, publications, electronic media, etc., with full credit to the artist.
- Items are scheduled for return by mid-August, 2014. If you need to have your work returned before then, please inform the Events Marketing staff.
- The editors of Bead&Button, BeadStyle, and Art Jewelry magazines will select the competition finalists.
- Finalists will be on display at the Bead&Button Show, June 3 - June 8, 2014, in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- Before the start of the Bead&Button Show, a team of judges will select first, second, and third prize winners in each category. A panel of one judge from each category will choose the Best in Show winner and runner-up from the first-prize winners.
- Artists retain ownership of their work and do not need to be present to win.
Bead&Button Show 2014
January 7 - Registration Open!
May 28 - May 31: Camp sessions
May 30 - May 31: Preludes
May 31 - June 3: Master Classes, Fundamentals in Technique, Workshops, and Moonlight Sonata sessions
June 4 - June 8: General Education Classes
June 6 - 8: Bead&Jewelry Marketplace Shopping
June 9: Encore sessions